Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
This afghan was posted by another KPer in June 2013 - where she posted the pattern.

It is a very easy crochet and forms interesting diamond shapes. it can be created any size one desires.

The pattern is below - as posted by the previous KPer.

Crochet Baby Blanket
Any Double Knitting (Worsted or Aran or 8 ply) Yarn
4.5mm crochet hook
Starting chain: Multiple of 6 stitches + 2
Ch = chain Dc = double crochet

Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook *skip 2 ch, 1 dc, 2 ch, 1 dc, 2ch, 1dc in next ch, skip next 2 ch, 1sc in next ch* rep from * to end

Row 2: 5 ch (counted as 1 dc and 2ch) 1dc in first sc, skip 1dc, 1sc in next dc, *1 dc, 2 ch, 1 dc, 2ch, 1dc in next sc, skip 1dc, 1sc in next dc, repeat from * to last sc, in last sc work (1dc, 2ch, 1dc), turn Row 3: 1ch, 1sc in first dc *1 dc, 2 ch, 1 dc, 2ch, 1dc in next sc,skip 1dc, 1sc in next dc, repeat from * to end, place last sc into 3rd of 5ch at start of previous row, turn.

Repeat rows 2 and 3 for pattern

Use your own edging if desired.

Attachments

Your baby blanket has a classic look and appeal to it. I love it and would like to know what edging you used if you are willing to share that info. How much yarn did you use? I want to make it! Thanking you in advance. It's a real beauty. :thumbup: :thumbup:

mochamarie said:
Your baby blanket has a classic look and appeal to it. I love it and would like to know what edging you used if you are willing to share that info. How much yarn did you use? I want to make it! Thanking you in advance. It's a real beauty. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Very Beautiful! What a luck baby. Also, thanks for sharing the pattern and pictures. Also, can you say what size hook you used and the amount of yarn and finished dimensions? Thank you.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
mochamarie said:
Thank you.

I am not sure how much yarn I used as I frogged a sweater I was knitting for my husband and used the yarn. I probably used about 350g at a guess. It will all depend what size you make it.

The edging is my own makeup version.

Please note I follow the Imperial system of crocheting so a

Single crochet (SC) is putting the needle straight into the row you are working, hooking the yarn and then pulling the yarn through both loops.
Double crochet (DC) is looping the yarn over the hook before putting the hook into your work, picking up a loop and then pulling back and then twice trough the 3 loops on the hook.
If this is not clear - Google it!

I did 4-5 rows of Single crochet. In the last row I did 5 Double crochets into a Single Crochet (Sc) in the previous row, miss 2 Sc, 1 SC into next Sc, miss 2 Sc then 5 Dc into the next Sc.

At the corners, I either skipped 1 or 2 Sc to get to the corner(if you know what I mean) 2Dc, 1 Chain,2 Dc then follow on with the sequence described above.
Hope that helps!

:p :p

Discussion starter · #13 ·
HappySunflower said:
Very Beautiful! What a luck baby. Also, thanks for sharing the pattern and pictures. Also, can you say what size hook you used and the amount of yarn and finished dimensions? Thank you.
Thank you!

As described above, I am not sure how much yarn I used as I frogged a sweater I was knitting for my husband and used the yarn. I probably used about 350g at a guess. It will all depend what size you make it.

I used a 4.5 mm crochet hook (US 7)

The dimensions ended up being 30inches (about 76cms) wide and 34 inches ( 87cms) long.

Hope this helps!

PLEASE NOTE I USED THE IMPERIAL SYSTEM OF CROCHETING!

:p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom