Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends would be an excellent alternative. I just ordered some about a month ago and I believe I paid about $4.30 a ball. I had made a hat for my daughter for Christmas in a soft pink and she loved it so much that she asked me to make a scarf to match so had to order more wool. Very soft and nice colours too.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
834 Posts
If you don't particularly care if there's alpaca in it, Paton's Shetland Chunky is a 25%wool/75%acrylic blend that knits up nicely. 148yds/skein. Gauge is 15st's/20r's on US 10's, same as the Bernat Alpaca blend. Reasonably priced. I got some at ACMoore, but it's probably all over.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
2incool said:
Does anyone have a suggestion for a yarn similar to Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande (100g/110yd)? Wonderful fiber, but a little too expensive - pattern calls for 5-6 balls.
There was some of this yarn available at DBNY.com but not sure if they still have it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom