Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
55,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downsized the adult baa- ble hat to a 3- 6 month old . It was easier than I thought and the hat was an easy knit too , a few hours and done . I was going to knit a pair of mittens to match but the yarn I used for the hat was a bit to thick for mittens ( I like baby mittens to be fine knit ) have started a cardigan to match instead . I'm very happy with the hat which is unusual for me as I'm always finding fault ????Hope the cardigan turns out just as nice
Not sure wether to add Pom Pom or not will think about that
Link to hat
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baa-ble-hat

Attachments

·
Registered
55,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PeninaM said:
The hat is lovely! Could you tell me how you downsized it from an adult size and still kept the pattern?
I would like to make it in a 0 - 3 month size, do you think that would be possible?
Mine is a size 3- 6 month so I cast on 72 st s and did 18 rows of rib then I increased 18 sts (90 sts all tog) in next row and just followed the graph / chart for the first 30 sts Which is a repeat of 2 small sheep and 1 large sheep and repeated 3 times I did the first 16 rows of the chart to make sure I got the full body of the sheep in . I then did a row were I decreased back to 72 and started decreasing for the crown . I used size 4 mm needles and fairly thick dk yarn ( only yarn I had in the colours I wanted ) so if I wanted to make it smaller I would use smaller size needles and a finer yarn . Or cast on 60 sts and do 2 repeats of the first 30 sts and after you have the full sheep pattern start decreasing for the crown like you would on any basic 0-3 month hat
Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom