Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
55,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm learning crochet and thought I would try the broomstick lace stitch .
I decided to make a blanket and wanted to put a border edge round it but as usual ran out of yarn
The blanket is a yellow buttery colour and I've been pondering on what colour would go with it all weekend
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted

Attachments

·
Registered
55,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kitkatcamp said:
Beautifully done . If it's a buttery yellow then I would suggest a winter white or even a soft grey. Try making a few small sample pieces in different colors until you find the one that's right for you.
Thank you I was thinking grey but the one I put next to it didn't look right . I like your suggestion of a few samples thank you

·
Registered
12,841 Posts
Beautiful...I like the suggestion of grey for a border color. You might also consider an olive green which would coordinate nicely with the main color.

·
Registered
16,767 Posts
I would choose a brown with yellow tones in it to compliment the yellow in the blanket. You could put most any color with hints of yellow in the tone of the color. Navy would also work. Avoid colors with ashy undertones. Your broomstick lace is well done.

·
Registered
55,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ompuff said:
This echoes my thought when I saw your picture--- beautiful as is.

:sm01: :sm01: :sm24:
Thank you ompuff and SalineMIKnits it was just that I wanted it a little bigger maybe I should try blocking it a bit

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom