Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had more time to knit and crochet since I got out of hospital and these are the results. The blanket is for my friend's daughter who is expecting her first baby. The toilet roll doll is for a dear friend who is 87. I've already given it to her and she is so thrilled with it. The baby dress is for my youngest granddaughter for Christmas but I'm not convinced that it is big enough (I didn't use the recommended yarn) so I'm doing the bigger size as well.

If you have already told me that you hate toilet roll dolls then you don't need to tell me again. I can remember your hurtful remarks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I love ALL your work, roll doll included :thumbup: we have one here that is probably 40 years old! (and yes, it has been washed, ....OFTEN!!) The Christmas dress is lovely, your GD will look just gorgeous in it on the 25th!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Beautiful blanket, love that pattern. As for the toilet roll doll, I saw one at my friends house last week and loved it. How unique..and for others unkind remarks, who cares what they think! Are you happy with it? Did you enjoy making it? Is your friend thrilled with it? That's all that matters, not what someone else says...I for one, think she is adorable!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
All your work is beautiful. I especially love the little red dress as I am still more of a crocheter at heart.

Do you have the pattern for it that you could share with us? I don't have any babies but I would love to make it a little smaller for a few bears I know. :)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Very, very lovely work. I have a toilet paper doll in my bathroom. I love yours as well as mine... so there. I love the comeback of all the old fashioned things anyhow. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
well i for one like your tp doll,i have one very simular in my br right now, no i did not make it its very old,but i have a knitted one i made, was ask to make many back in the 70's and sold them for $10.00 then,work on making beautiful things
ps. i think i made your lovely red dress in yellow for my gd many years ago
and each of us like differnt things, one of those cover you see in tv adds just would not work with my decor

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I don't know who said they hated the dolls. I make them to sell. I can't keep up with demand. baby blanket is lovely. GD will be adorable for Christmas.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think the best thing to remember here on the forum is that people are giving their opinions, they are not facts. If you like the finished project and are happy with it, that is all that matters. Sometimes people give opinions that come across as harsh, but you just have to ignore them, don't take them personally.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I love all your creations. They're just lovely!! I especially like the toilet roll doll. In fact, I'm going to do a search right now to find a pattern for one. People who make unkind remarks are usually more dissatisfied with themselves than they are with you.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom