Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
23,386 Posts
I use acrylics for my blankets and don't need to block them.
I wash and dry mine after completing it, and that usually sets the stitches to where they were intended.
Sometimes I may have to do a little tug at the corner to square it off when folding.

· Registered
277 Posts
mslittlebear said:
I am making my 1st baby blanket. Do I block it and if so, how do I do it? I looked for it on the Internet, but cannot find much.
There are tons of posts on this subject if you use the "Search"option at the top and enter "blocking". One post gives a link to a very comprehensive article on blocking.

· Registered
5 Posts
I have knitted a few baby blankets and when finished I usually pin the sides out straight to the measurements given. Then I dampen a sheet and fold it all so it covers the blanket. Leave it all to dry naturally and hey presto it all looks magnificent, when the sheet is removed! Hope that helps!

· Registered
85 Posts
Sometimes my afghans or other projects just don't lay right or are uneven. I pin them down on one of those tri-fold display boards that I place on a bed. I dampen completely using a spray bottle. I let the item dry naturally. That usually does the trick. This sweater was just a little off, and not laying as flat as I wanted. Those pins work great.

Attachments

· Registered
3 Posts
I never bother blocking baby blankets. You're using (I hope) a washable yarn, and the size doesn't particularly matter. My grand-nephews and nieces have had no problem with unblocked blankets. My son's blanket wasn't blocked and he used it without problems until it fell apart from too much love (and at age 27, he still won't let me throw away the pieces).

· Registered
99 Posts
hoffmanspa said:
I never bother blocking baby blankets. You're using (I hope) a washable yarn, and the size doesn't particularly matter. My grand-nephews and nieces have had no problem with unblocked blankets. My son's blanket wasn't blocked and he used it without problems until it fell apart from too much love (and at age 27, he still won't let me throw away the pieces).
I agree...the size isn't crucial. I've made quite a few as gifts, in fact I keep a supply, because someone's always having a baby!

· Registered
2,585 Posts
kip said:
hoffmanspa said:
I agree...the size isn't crucial. I've made quite a few as gifts, in fact I keep a supply, because someone's always having a baby!
I agree with you Kip, I have to crochet another (or more) baby blanket(s)! I ran out of them. Have all the yarn I need so I guess I will have to start one and, maybe, put aside, for a while at least, other projects... hahaha, so many things to do and so little time. Since my retirement, it seems I have much less time, I know it's not true but maybe it's because I do so many things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom