Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this baby blanket for a shower gift. I am also making a pixie hat to go with it. I started another which will be put away for the future greatgrandchild I hope to have some day. I told my daughter about it and that I will give it to her to hold in case I will not be here when ever that child will be here. My grandson is going on 18 and has a lot of schooling first. But as I said, this is for the future.

Attachments

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
Very pretty! Love the color. Also love doing diag blankies. For some reason they seem to knit up quicker.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've made several of this blanket using Blue Sky Alpaca and am now doing one in Blue Sky Cotton Worsted, all with #8 needles and running a satin or grosgrain ribbon through the yarn-overs for an extra "touch". Don't mind the diagonial as it is mindless/tv/reading knitting (except for the decreasing - have to look once in a while - lol) especially since I changed my needles to KnitPicks Harmony wood needles - they are wonderful!
Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
I made a baby and hooded baby bath towel also a few months back as a shower gift.Both use the same diagonal design which was fun doing. I made the blanket of yellow baby weight yarn, and the bath towel of cotton.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey! I just made this same pattern!! I used verigated yarn tho, I am not quite finished and will post when I get it done!! It is easy and looks great!! I love the plain colored one you made and will probably start on a pink one for a friend when I am done with this one!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Your baby blanket is beautiful. Do you ever have difficulty giving a knitted item away since it takes so long to make? I crochet and I am a new knitter. I have donated many scarves that I have crocheted and prayer shawls to our church. Crocheting is so fast and easy for me to do. However, when I complete even the smallest wash cloth that I have knitted, I feel like I created a Picasso. <grin> I find that knitting is more difficult and takes so long. Am I the only person that feels that way? Perhaps after I continue knitting many more years that feeling will dissipate and I will find that knitting will be as easy as crocheting.

YarnLady

·
Registered
53 Posts
:) Truly after you have knitted a few more items; you will find it most forefilling: actually think the finished items have a far more regal appearance. Only my insight ofcourse. They seem to hold their shape much better. Hope you will get the courage to try more with needles and less with hooks! LOL :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom