Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Knitto said:
Made for lst time grandmother to be for her daughter. Hope it becomes a family heirloom.
Knitted with Blue Sky Cotton Worsted, Harmony Needles #8 with grosgrain ribbon threaded thru the eyelets. (Yes, it's a boy).
Hi
Just a beautiful work of art, I'm sure your daughter will absolutely love it and especially the love that went into each and every stitch.
Heirloom, I would definitely think so.

Linda
(Sebastian-Fla)

·
Registered
565 Posts
I made something similar to your blanket which is beautiful and good luck by-the-way. I used a Lion Brand blanket (multi worsted) and added mint ribbon, it was used as a prize at an autistic luncheon. Hello Brooklyn

·
Registered
46,477 Posts
Knitto: Beautiful work - I am doing the same blanket now for my first grandchild to be later this year, don't know yet if it's a boy or girl so using the cream color Pound of Love yarn. I like the cotton look of your blanket & would like to know how many skeins you used so I can look for it online and make one out of cotton after I finish the pound of love. Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yona said:
Knitto: Beautiful work - I am doing the same blanket now for my first grandchild to be later this year, don't know yet if it's a boy or girl so using the cream color Pound of Love yarn. I like the cotton look of your blanket & would like to know how many skeins you used so I can look for it online and make one out of cotton after I finish the pound of love. Thanks.
Thank you Yona! I used Blue Sky's Cotton Worsted - 5 skeins did a 30 x 30 blanket using #8 needles. Probably could use #9s and it would be little looser knit. You can order Blue Sky on-line, I think. I get mine from my LYS. Grandchildren are such a joy - know you will enjoy yours!!!

·
Registered
46,477 Posts
Knitto: Thanks so much, you are very kind. I live in Calif & grandchild to be & parents are in New York. I am considering a move to NY, but, cannot leave now as my 93 year old mom is in a nursing home & I don't have the heart to leave her. So torn.... at least the knitting is keeping me in 'baby mode." Thanks again. Beautiful blanket, your work is really nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom