I am lillybet
From Massachusetts
This should be fun~~~~~
Thanks in advance for any help you can supply me with~~~~

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure...I guess I didn't even know bonnets had names. I have a real cute pattern to knit that I like, but I can not figure out the second half of the directions...I have only been knitting for 5 years and feel lucky to have made a number of sweaters , mittens and baby sets...

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Send the pattern in and let us study it; Tell us what's up with not being able to figure out the second half......
~~~~~~
lillybet said:
I am not sure...I guess I didn't even know bonnets had names. I have a real cute pattern to knit that I like, but I can not figure out the second half of the directions...I have only been knitting for 5 years and feel lucky to have made a number of sweaters , mittens and baby sets...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the bonnet pattern (instructions)
NO 10 needles
Cast on 37 stitches.K6rows.K1*YO,K2Tog*
repeat across row (37) stitches
Knit every row until 4" from cast on row.
Knitacross 12 sts. (TROUBLE FOR ME STARTS HERE))Put these 12 stson piece of yarn, orDP needle.Knit across 14 sts,put remaining sts on yarn or DP needle.
* TURN, K2 Tog.,Knit to end of row , K1 stitch from stitches on yarn or needle*, repeat this one row until center 14 sts remain. Break yarn.
With # 6 needle, starting at front edge with yarn,pick up14 sts. K2 Tog across back sts(??????????????) to make 7 sts.
Pick up 14 sts. other side (35sts). Knit back.
K1 *YO,K2Tog.* repeat across row.
knit back,knitting YO's
Bind off with # 10 needles

Complicated I guess
Thanks

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((( Okie......you know how to put stitches on stitch holders or yarn, right??????

You're saying that the word 'back' is throwing you? I'd take it to mean the literal 'back of the bonnet'.....right now, I'm thinking they're the only free stitches not yet on holder......am I close?
~~~~~~~~

lillybet said:
Here is the bonnet pattern (instructions)

NO 10 needles

Cast on 37 stitches.K6rows.K1*YO,K2Tog*
repeat across row (37) stitches

Knit every row until 4" from cast on row.

Knitacross 12 sts. (TROUBLE FOR ME STARTS HERE))Put these 12 sts on piece of yarn, or DP needle.Knit across 14 sts, put remaining sts on yarn or DP needle.

* TURN, K2 Tog.,Knit to end of row , K1 stitch from stitches on yarn or needle*, repeat this one row until center 14 sts remain. Break yarn.
With # 6 needle, starting at front edge with yarn,pick up14 sts. K2 Tog across back sts(??????????????) to make 7 sts.
Pick up 14 sts. other side (35sts). Knit back.
K1 *YO,K2Tog.* repeat across row.
knit back,knitting YO's
Bind off with # 10 needles

Complicated I guess
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am confused by the word back for sure...
When it says turn K2Tog are the referring to sts on the holder ?? This baffled me
Then the (Starting at front edge? does that just me the right side?
I am just totally confused I think , from after I put the sts on the yarn or whatever

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( Don werry 'boot de tipos; Ah duz dem two and mass spall anna witch dis ferrum had spall chuck! LOL!!

Now, the only thing I can say at this point is that .........that........I think this is over my head - maybe the other gals can see it in their heads without seeing it in process.

If I had that thing in may hands, I'd knit two stitchs on SOMETHING there and take a gander. Perhaps going a step further would help. If you've got a pic of the item, look at it, take two aspirin and call my mom in the morning and get back to me at noon tomorrow. LOL!

I might have to throw this pattern on needles, eh? LOL!

Donna Rae
~~~~
lillybet said:
I am confused by the word back for sure...
When it says turn K2Tog are the referring to sts on the holder ?? This baffled me
Then the (Starting at front edge? does that just me the right side?
I am just totally confused I think , from after I put the sts on the yarn or whatever

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I know why I gave up on this pattern hahhaahahahha
You are very funny! (by the way) Instead of calling your mom, I may call the trash man to take this out of my hands!!Then I will stop trying...This is why I am looking for a new pattern,,,Sort of sad tho, cause I made the booties and sweater that match

Thanks for your help and for the laughs...I need them when I get distraught...as do we all

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( Lillybet! Don't give up. Don't give up. Don't give up.
Don't give up!! Hang in there.........I didn't build Rome in a day, ya know! LOL!! Giving up would mean you're on the SAG WAGON and we don't want that! LOL!!l

Perhaps we can challenge the gals to get in here, too and help; Tomorrow though.

I need to snuggle with what's his name now though I do like the SECOND SHIFT here on forum. @@ Over yonder on another group I'm in, we even run a third shift on the weekends! LOL!!

Now, tomorrow, do as I say and take your work and try at least two different ways to literally do what you think is being said. I truly believe that taking it a step further will help - but with some rest; Give it (the pattern) a rest, too and see what happens.

Ya know how leaving a jigsaw puzzle for a bit then you come back and find a piece immediately? It could happen for you. Then again, we may wear out your yarn! LOL!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! @@,./';,./';
~~~~~
lillybet said:
I think I know why I gave up on this pattern hahhaahahahha
You are very funny! (by the way) Instead of calling your mom, I may call the trash man to take this out of my hands!!Then I will stop trying...This is why I am looking for a new pattern,,,Sort of sad tho, cause I made the booties and sweater that match

Thanks for your help and for the laughs...I need them when I get distraught...as do we all

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welll!!!!!! Thank you sooo much for all of your kind and encouraging words Donna!
I am actually sitting here doing just what you said. I am thinking that I may have figured it out...so trying ot again.
Of course in the back of my head I know that I have already gone through this (thinking I can) I will try for a while Then put it to bed...
Talk to you tomorrow Thanks so much..
Have a great snuggle

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((( Well, bully for you!! You're welcome, Sweetie!! Here's ya a body hug:

((((((((( Body hug ))))))))) @@

Donna Rae
~~~~~~
lillybet said:
Welll!!!!!! Thank you sooo much for all of your kind and encouraging words Donna!
I am actually sitting here doing just what you said. I am thinking that I may have figured it out...so trying ot again.
Of course in the back of my head I know that I have already gone through this (thinking I can) I will try for a while Then put it to bed...
Talk to you tomorrow Thanks so much..
Have a great snuggle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom