Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
knitwit29 said:
Made this for my grandson's birthday!
The pattern was very brilliantly thought of by a designer on etsy.com. The pattern is very easy to follow and understand.
Here is a link to her pattern:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71951830/pattern-boys-train-afghan?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=train+blanket&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade
Hi
Very beautiful job. I made a train blanket for my 2 month old grandson about a month ago. I didn't have a pattern I crocheted it in single crochet and then cross stitched a large train engine, cars and caboose and then put his name on the top of the blanket. I lined it with a really nice fleece materials to cover up the cross stitching. Machine washed and dried it and it came out wonderful.

I don't have a camera or I'd post it. Maybe when I get to my daughter's in May she'll be able to take a picture and show me how to post.

Blessings,

Linda

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TammyK said:
Hey! I've seen this blanket before! I believe it was designed by one of our own forum members! You've done the designer proud! (Here is the post where I first saw this design: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-5701-1.html )
Thank you!
Yes..that is where i first seen the blanket..and loved it! The designer is such a nice lady, and done such a wonderful job with designing this pattern. My grandson will enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
12,965 Posts
knitwit29 said:
TammyK said:
Hey! I've seen this blanket before! I believe it was designed by one of our own forum members! You've done the designer proud! (Here is the post where I first saw this design: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-5701-1.html )
Thank you!
Yes..that is where i first seen the blanket..and loved it! The designer is such a nice lady, and done such a wonderful job with designing this pattern. My grandson will enjoy it.
After I made this post I noticed that the designer started a new thread announcing that she had the pattern available on etsy. She gave you credit as her tester. :)

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What a great blanket for a boy! I love the designs made using intarsia. Any child would be thrilled to have this blanket. My boys would have carried it with them everywhere. My guess is that it will become his favorite.

·
Registered
455 Posts
When the designer posted her final project and photo on the forum, there was a lot of interest in her pattern...I suggested that she might consider selling the pattern and putting the $$ in the bank for a college fund for the grandchild. I think this is one of the more wonderful and colorful and cherished patterns I have seen in baby blankets, and I'm glad that she's offered it to others, but she's also being compensated for her creativity and hard work. Looks like the pattern is a good one...another beautiful blankie!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom