Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont mean to be a smarty pants posting 2 projects in 10 minutes but actually completing things is a rare occurance to me so bear with me while i brag!
This is a blanket for my friend who had a baby girl on thursday. I love making these daisys so much and to actually turn them into a finished blanket for someone has made me feel quit chuffed! :)

Attachments

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give Crochet a go Dizie, I only started learning 3 years ago, there are such good sites and videos teaching you the basic stitches online. I love it and having a youngster and 2 cats around its easier to pick up and put down without going wrong than knitting as theres only ever 1 stitch!

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL at FIY - When I first tried to learn I just practised making chains for ages til they were neat - then just rows of single crochet, then double etc. Then made little squares counting stitches and getting a feel for the whole thing. The good thing about crochet is once you have learnt a very few basics like chains, single and double theres so many things you can do!

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is a free pattern designed by a lady called Krystal in the US. Her only requirement is that you make one Daisy square to post her (address on pattern) she then makes lots of blankets using those squares for charity.
It can be found by with lots of help and diagrams joing her US Yahoo group although I found it by googling 'Krystals Charity Daisy' on a site from Arizona University

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom