Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newborn baby jacket and hat knitted in Patons Astra DK Schoolbus Yellow...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Classic style and colour, beautifully knit!

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Is the sweater done all in one piece? It looks like it. Where did you get the pattern? I have a great grand baby due in October.
Lovely color too. My granddaughter does not want anything pink, even tho she is having a girl. ;-)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The sweater knits up as one piece when it eventually joins at the neck. I knit the right front and sleeve first. Then used another ball of yarn for the left front, cast on stitches for the neck, finished sleeves, cast off sleeve stitches and knit the back. Then join the sides and sleeves and seam. It has a front underlay, so I am going to change the buttons to yellow ribbons with snaps underneath. There are variations to the pattern for a sweater with a front opening (not cardigan) and a bolero. I have attached the work in progress as well as pictures of the other variations.

This jacket is very small and would fit a preemie. Next one will be a couple sizes up. :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom