Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help....

I am very new to knitting as my name explains and I want to knit a Baby Sack with straight needles because I don't know how knit in round. I would greatly appreciate if you can send me the pattern or guide me where to look for the pattern.

Thanks in advance for responding

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
I did a little search for you but all I saw were on circular needles.

Type in google search for baby sack free patterns. There are different names for them as well, like, cocoons. I just can't think this am. Hopefully someone will be able to help you better.

Its east to knit on circular needles. Check out U-Tube under knitting, then type in hoe to knit on circular needles.

Sorry I couldn't help you much.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I am knitting one as we speak --- on straights as I can't handle circles!! It is from the Bernat site and it is using Pipsqueak yarn called Knit Baby Cocoon---has a cute matching cap also knit on straight needles---simple enough for me as a "one step past a beginner"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't thank you enough, I got the pattern and couldn't wait to cast on. I started last night and now can't wait to finish it. I hope it's not too small. Well, we'll find out

It's easy and I know i can do it, I made preemie hats for the hospital with a smaller version. If I get brave I will post a picture, to see what everyone knits I will be little uncomfortabel but we'll see how it goes.

Again, Thanks so much and have a nice day!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't thank you enough, I got the pattern and couldn't wait to cast on. I started last night and now can't wait to finish it. I hope it's not too small. Well, we'll find out

It's easy and I know i can do it, I made preemie hats for the hospital with a smaller version. If I get brave I will post a picture, to see what everyone knits I will be little uncomfortabel but we'll see how it goes.

Again, Thanks so much and have a nice day!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just finished two that look like footballs -Knit Football Cocoon and Hat Pattern. Absolutely adorable. Have another for a little girl I will be starting soon. I just googled baby cocoons and checked out the images.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You can go here and learn how to knit on circular needles. Its really not that hard and I promise once you learn you will be so happy. I bet with in 15 minutes you will be knitting in the round on circular needles like a pro. Good luck and please let me know how you did. There are lots of learn how tos here justtype what you want in search box

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I will definitely try, the thought of the circular knitting scares being so new to knitting. I will try and I am little bit more comfy with knitting.

Again, thanks a bunch for encouraging me. you are Awesome

Good Night and have a nice week.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Dear Learning - Go to the top of this page and Click on SEARCH - type in cocoons and you will have a list of many choices. Don't forget to go down at the bottom of this page and click on LINKS. On the Home Page click on the subjects on the left side - that will help you get started. I wasn't told these things when I was new - just trying to help. You will LOVE this site!! Ellie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom