Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I love it....it is different with the buttons on the side. Just darling!

·
Registered
978 Posts
PITA said:
I made this from a pattern that someone provided last week that her grandmother had passed down. Sorry, didn't save the page and can't tell you who that was or where the pattern is
You do beautiful work. Could you possible send me the pattern, I'd love it for my granddaughter.

Thanks in advance.

Linda (Sebastian-Fla)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pattern was posted last week on this site by a reader who had pics of one she did and the pattern was passed down by her grandmother. Unfortunately I did not book mark the page and cannot remember who she was.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The pattern was from "tehcrowrace" who is a member of this site.
This is a very old pattern that my Grandmother made for my children.
Pippi's Newborn Wrap Sweater.
size 0-6 mo
2 skeins of yarn
size 8 needles

Back
CO 40 STS. KNITT 6 ROWS IN SEED ST.
sWITCH TO ST ST AND KNIT STRAIGHT UNTIL PIECE MESSURES 10 IN. FINISH ON A WS ROW. BIND OFF 10 ST. KNIT 20. BIND OFF LAST 10 STS. TRANSFER 20"LIVE" STS TO STITCH HOLDER.
FRONT LEFT
CO 36 ST. KNIT 6 ROWS IN SEED ST. SWITCH TO ST ST AND KNIT STRAIGHT FOR 6 IN. END ON A WS ROW.
K 1, K2 TOG. K REMAINING ST ON EACH RS ROW UNTIL 24 STS REMAIN ON NEEDLE. KNIT STRAIGHT UNTIL PIECE MEASURES 10 INS. END ON A WS ROW. KNIT 10 STS. BIND OFF REMAINING 14 ST, TRANSFER LIVE STS TO STITCH HLDER.
FRONT RIGHT
SAME AS FRONT LEFT, REVERSE SHAPING.
COLLAR
SEW FRONT & BACK PIECES TOGETHER AT SHOULDERS. MOVE HELD NECK TO NEEDLES (48 STS ON NEEDLE).
KNIT TWO ROWS IN ST ST. KNIT SIX ROWS IN SEED ST, BIND OFF.
SLEEVES
ON RIGHT SIDE, PICKUP 17 STS BELOW SHOULDER SEAM ON FRONT PIECE, 17 ST BELOW SHOULDER SEAM ON BACK PIECE(34 STS ON NEEDLE).
KNIT IN ST ST UNTIL SLEEVES REACHES 4 IN. END ON WS ROW. K1, K2 TOG, KNIT UNTIL 3 ST REMAIN, K 2 TOG. K1.
DECREASE 2 ON EVERY RS ROW UNTIL26 STS REMAIN. KNIT STRAIGHT UNTIL SLEEVE MEASURES 6 IN. KNIT 6 ROWN IN SEED STITCH. BIND OFF. REPEAT FOR LEFT SLEEVE.
FINISH/ASSEMBLY
YOU CAN MAKE TIES FOR THE SWEATER BUT I LIKED THE SNAPS AND BUTTONS TO FINISH IT.

thecrowrace

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the hat pattern that this women posted as well:

Newborn Baby Hat
size 7 knitting needles
1 skein of baby yarn

cast on 60 sts
R1-R10 (K1, P1)across
R11 Knit
R12 purl
Repete rows 11 & 12 6 more times. (24 rows completed)
R25 (K4,K2 tog) across
R26 Purl
R27 (K3, K2 tog) across
R28 Purl
R29 (K2,K2 tog) across
R30 Purl
R31 (K1, K2 tog) across
R32 Purl
R33 (K2 tog) across
Finishing Cut the yarn, leaving a long tail.
Using the yarn needle, drawthe yarn through the remaining stiches on the needle. Pull tightly and secure the yarn.
Sew the back seam of the hat with the right sides facing
Sew in the loose ends.
Enjoy,
Denise

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I was intrigued by this pattern when I saw it last week, and printed a copy. Now that I've seen it in that lovely yarn, I really want to make it! Could you please tell us all what yarn you used?
Thanks,
Mary

·
Registered
336 Posts
Love the sweater, but need some help, new to the site and don't know how to print from it. Can someone help me? I have a new grandson due in June and would love something different for him. A private message will work if you can. Thanks

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to print directly from the site either, so I copied and pasted the directions into an MS Word document. Then I copied and pasted the photo that Pita had included. It worked well! Now to get crackin'!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe that person will read all the requests for the pattern and will send it in again. I have some yarn that would be PERFECT for this darling set, so hopefully that wonderful person will see these messages and send us her dear grandmother's pattern. Sandi

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom