Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I used Hobby Lobby's "I Love This Cotton" soaked in vinegar water overnight to set the color. Rinsed them with hair conditioner and they came out soft and color set.

I found so,e beautiful thin cotton in Deserre store, this is an art supply store in sherbrooke and quebec city, montreal...it was 6.95 a ball but i get two facecloths and a half from each ball. It is very soft but unfortunately i cannot find the paper band for it!

For baby wash clothes, I use a cotton yarn the has half the ply of Sugar'n Creme (can't remember the name of it). I use a size #2 needle. Next time I make one I will use the vinegar/hair conditioner treatment. It make a cloth that has tighter stitches. Usually, I just use a simple knit 6 stitches, purl 6 stitches in a square pattern so the washcloth is smoother on the baby's skin.

I found that sugar and cream soften up nicely when washed. I soak mine in white vinegar at first to "set" the color then wash it in with my regular wash. it comes out nice and soft. My DIL is using one for her newborn.
I'll have to try Hobby Lobby's though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom