Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,888 Posts
Vickie P said:
Perhaps I'm blind, but this link does not give a pattern, just refers to the original Bactus pattern.
Did I miss something?
On my screen, after it reads Finished Size it says

Click here to download pattern

And the pattern is downloaded

Hope this helps you

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
wendy n said:
I have knit this scarf a couple of times but have misplaced the pattern. I have checked but it is out print. Can anyone direct me a pattern source for this? Thank you
I searched through the Baktus scarf helpful notes projects on Ravelry and found this:

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/sweetbasset/baktus-scarf

It looks like the project notes include the pattern instructions for the scarf (possibly modified, but looks like a good match to the original pattern) - and pasted the notes here:

Notes
Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1 K1, YO, knit to end.
Row 2 Knit, make sure Knit the YO through back loop. Knit
Row 3 & 4 Knit.
87 stitches at turning point. Completed 4 row repeat then started decreasing.
Decrease on Row 1 Knit 1, k2togtbl knit to end of row.
Row 2,3 & 4 Knit

You can wander through the "all helpful projects" (you can find these by using the drop down menu on projects) and easily put together a pattern for Baktus that suits you best. Hopes this helps!

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
CorvallisKnitter said:
I searched through the Baktus scarf helpful notes projects on Ravelry and found this:

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/sweetbasset/baktus-scarf

It looks like the project notes include the pattern instructions for the scarf (possibly modified, but looks like a good match to the original pattern) - and pasted the notes here:

Notes
Cast on 4 sts.
Row 1 K1, YO, knit to end.
Row 2 Knit, make sure Knit the YO through back loop. Knit
Row 3 & 4 Knit.
87 stitches at turning point. Completed 4 row repeat then started decreasing.
Decrease on Row 1 Knit 1, k2togtbl knit to end of row.
Row 2,3 & 4 Knit

You can wander through the "all helpful projects" (you can find these by using the drop down menu on projects) and easily put together a pattern for Baktus that suits you best. Hopes this helps!
Thank you so much for finding/posting this!! :sm24:

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
Curiosity got the best of me and I found another Baktus scarf "helpful notes" project on Ravelry that included color instructions:

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/tamaralda/baktus-scarf-2
Striped Baktus Mantra: C O 4 sts
Inc Row: Col A: R1: K1, yo, K to end of row
Col A: R2: K all sts (K the YO thru b of loop)
Col B: R3: K all sts
Col B: R4: K all sts
Repeat above rows until you have used up half your yarn, then start decreases
Dec Row: Col A: R1: K1, K2tog thru b of loop, K to end)
Col A: R2: K all sts
Col B: R3: K all sts
Col B; R4: K all sts
Repeat above 4 rows until you have 4 sts left, BO

·
Registered
11,481 Posts
I was going to ask why it was called a Baktus scarf, but then I saw this explanation :-
The name Baktus comes from a Norwegian children’s novel about Karius and Baktus. They are two small tooth trolls who live inside the cavities of a boy named Jens. And their names are puns on Caries (tooth decay) and Bacteria.
Pretty weird I thought.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom