Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have made around a half a dozen of these scarfs. I just love to do them. I usually use baby yarn and size 5mm. My question is has anyone do the scarfs in worsted weight and what needle size? I tend to hold my needles tight . So my knitting is tight. Also has anyone done the baktus that is knit and purl one yet? All I have done is knit. Thanks knitting friends.

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
If you look at the 'yarn ideas' on the link that Fergablu provided above, you can see the yarns that others have used.
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baktus-scarf/yarns
I did notice some worsted weights being used. You could click on them to see what needle size the person used.

In general, I'd go up 2-4 needle sizes from whatever the particular yarn recommends using.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My question is always the same when I know someone that has made a baktus. How many stitches do you have at the widest point, just before you decrease. And sadly no one knows. Does anyone gave that answer. I usually make them with 58 stitch at my widest point. It drives me crazy not knowing. But as my husband says " its a slow drive" Anyone know?? Thanks Jodi

·
Registered
10,998 Posts
deercreek said:
My question is always the same when I know someone that has made a baktus. How many stitches do you have at the widest point, just before you decrease. And sadly no one knows. Does anyone gave that answer. I usually make them with 58 stitch at my widest point. It drives me crazy not knowing. But as my husband says " its a slow drive" Anyone know?? Thanks Jodi
I don't know that it matters - isn't the point to use half the yarn on the increase side, then decrease so you use up every inch of yarn. :lol:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But how do you know when you have used half your yarn. I don't have a scale. I have a ball of bernat jacquards and I will use size 5mm. Anyone HELP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom