Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
I ask if anyone on this sight has a pattern for a ball cap earwarmer and I received one response, however if wasn't exactly what I was asking for. I will try to be a bit more specific this time around. These ear warmers has a slot cut in it for the brim of your ball cap yet covers and is toasty on the ears. Slips on easily over your ball cap, with a slot cut in it for the brim. I tried to copy a pic from the web, but it won't let me copy and paste it here for viewing. The web pic is made of fleece, however, I think one can be made from yarn. This is new to me, so I hope someone has what I am looking for. For all the outdoorsmen in my family. Tx one and all!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...I found this on Ravelry....

Ear Warmer for Baseball Hat
by Susan Snyder
Love your baseball hats – Hate cold ears? Here’s a great looking easy solution. Hat’s brim fits through slit in ear warmer for a secure guaranteed fit.
Ear Warmer for Baseball Hat - CONT’D
Cast on 96 sts. Join being careful not to twist sts. Place marker for beginning of round.
Work in K2, P2 ribbing for 4 rounds.
Round 5: On the next round work 32 sts in ribbing, bind off 32 sts, work in ribbing to end of round. Round 6: Work 32 sts, cast on 32 sts, work to end of round.
Work in ribbing 3 more rounds. Next round: Work 31 sts, bind off 34 sts, work to end of round.
Upon reaching the marker, remove it and work until 3 sts from end, K2tog, K1 Turn – you will now be working back and forth in rows.
Next Row – K3 sts, then work in ribbing until last 3 sts, k2tog, k1, turn Repeat last row 20 times
Bind off in ribbing.

Dalene

·
Registered
161 Posts
Dalene,

Do you have a picture of what this looks like? My son wants an ear warmer for Christmas. It seems that this one has some extra coverage for the ears and then is thinner on top of the head under the baseball cap.

Thanks,
Deborah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom