Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across this on eBay and my first thought was that it could be used to hold a ball of yarn, maybe even after winding it onto a toilet roll and then putting the roll on the holder and knitting off it. You know, when you get a hank and wind it into a ball or those hard cotton knitting balls could go on it too. You can remove the springs etc also if you prefer. I just had another thought, if you like to knit when you are a passenger in a car, you could attach it to your window and just knit away. I am going to buy one or two as they are quite cheap in price.
What do you think of this idea?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2016-Fishing-Lure-Tackle-Accessory-Line-Bobbin-Spool-Winder-Winding-Device-14CM-/152076682013?hash=item23687a031d:g:LFwAAOSw2GlXIx~N

·
Registered
21,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
leesadupree said:
I like my Yarn-It better. I don't have to wind anything, and it will pull the outside thread no problem, no tangling, no rolling on the floor.
theyarnit.com
The yarn-it is much more expensive than this winder and I didn't post to do a comparison of other holders, it was just something that I came across and I was thinking outside the box. I like to re-purpose. It's not a 'mine is better than yours' thing. :sm25:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
comparing to the size of the hands in the photo... the device will be good for sock yarns or crochet strings. Though if your yarn is not on a bobbin/core you might want to make a couple of disks for the ends of your ball/core of yarn/string.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom