Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read that the knitting group in the UK that was banned from the local library has found a new home in a shopping mall, without charge. I'm sure that all the publicity and our members emails helped them find a great solution.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Caroline Currer said:
I just read that the knitting group in the UK that was banned from the local library has found a new home in a shopping mall, without charge. I'm sure that all the publicity and our members emails helped them find a great solution.
GREAT NEWS!

Madkiwi

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
WHAT!!! Was the knick, knick, knick of their knitting needles too loud or the grunting coming from the yarn?
(former librarian :lol:)

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Well they kept that quiet. I've just looked to see where it was and its a council in Northumberland. Apparently they were good enough for the old library but not for the new one they have moved into. They make items for sick and prem babies.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
I'm sure our knitting group would be banned from any library because we do as much talking as knitting and often laugh a lot. I was even kind of miffed at a knitting group in a Borders store one time - and I'm a knitter, too. But sometimes as a group we may get a little rowdy for a library. I'm glad they found another place to meet!

·
Registered
11,155 Posts
christine 47 said:
Well they kept that quiet. I've just looked to see where it was and its a council in Northumberland. Apparently they were good enough for the old library but not for the new one they have moved into. They make items for sick and prem babies.
Then shame on the library.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom