Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I am a long time knitter from Gig Harbor, WA. I am trying to find some old wedding dress patterns for my great-granddaughters (twins) and my granddaughters Barbie dolls. I made a beautiful dress for one of my daughters in the last '60 or '70's. Does anyone have any good ideas. Also for other Barbie clothes. Knit or crochet will be fine. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((( I just surfed and found patterns - not sure what pattern you'd like best, though. Keywords:

barbie wedding dress pattern

I also have them in my hard cover Barbie knit book and crochet book. Complete with caps, veils, different styles and these are available to purchase off various sites particulary Ebay. The skater's costume is so cute.

I like to collect the vintage sewn Barbie patterns, too.

Donna RAe
~~~~~~~

sandeb said:
Hi,I am a long time knitter from Gig Harbor, WA. I am trying to find some old wedding dress patterns for my great-granddaughters (twins) and my granddaughters Barbie dolls. I made a beautiful dress for one of my daughters in the last '60 or '70's. Does anyone have any good ideas. Also for other Barbie clothes. Knit or crochet will be fine. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a website on MakingDoll Clothes, and I have several free patterns to knit and crochet for Barbie and other fashion dolls.

I will attach pictures of a few.

My Home Page is www.making-doll-clothes.com, where you will find links for Barbie patterns to knit and crochet.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
Try lionbrandyarn.com for free patterns and Annie's Atiic for paid patterns. Annie's Attic used to print a collection of long fancy dresses. - anastasia :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you are looking for a sewing pattern, go on e-bay. i saw a pattern that included a wedding dress. put in barbie pattern in the search box. good luck.
have never seen any knitted gowns, but i am sure you could adjust one of your beautiful dresses into a long white gown.
the web site might also have an original vintage barbie wedding gown for sale.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
For the most amazing compilation of links to free crochet patterns, go to:

www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet

Make sure you set aside some time to browse, since there are literally 1000's of patterns, and they are separated into categories. Look under toys for Barbie patterns.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
favorite barbie wedding dress: baby or fingering yarn, size 2 dpns...you might use a size 2 circ to begin but will have to move to dpns part way thru

1. CO 401 sts, join and place marker
2. *k1, p1,* rep around
3. rep row 2 for 3 rows of seed st (this will keep the hem from ever rolling...
4. k for 1.5 inches (changes to plain St st)
5. *k2tog,* rep around, end with k3tog (to get rid of the extra st that you needed for the seed st) (200 sts)
6. k for 1.5 inches
7. *k2tog,* rep around, (100 sts)
8. k for 1 inch
9. *k2tog,* rep around, (50 sts)
10. *k1, p1 for 2 inches (this ribbing hugs the waist, and stretches to go over the bust)
11. BO with gentle st....top will cling and child can dress barbie by herself....

if you want a shorter version for the bridesmaids or for a 'prom' dress, begin at Row 5 and the dress will be right below the knee...the first section is more than half the dress...so it looks like a lot but is really quite fast....

trim with netting, ribbon, tiny buttons (if child is old enough), duplicate st.....you imagination can go wild with doll clothes...sorry, i do not have a pic of this but it hugs the bust and waist and then gets bigger and bigger, just like a ball gown...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a couple of them, one from the Antebellum Collection Annies Attic put out in '92 and one done in thread crochet that I'd love to make. I'll try to find the photos & upload them. I'm in the middle of moving things around so it may take a day or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom