Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Who is wearing their fav team shirt, hat or jacket today??

I am die hard Yankee, hold the boo's please. I do wear a Dodger jacket, in honor of Joe Torre. Love that man!!!!

I live in Red Sox country, scary here.

And what about Manny being Manny? Part of me feels badly for him. He is not the only one. When are these guys going to stop taking "vitamins"??

Let's see what teams are represented here,

And remember no matter who we root for... we do not get any of the money. So let's stay friends all season long.

Linda

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Go TIGERS!
Love INGE, he's the best, or at least the cutest. I like most sports, but baseball is the best, it's my speed and I can easily knit while watching it. When our hospital gets taken over by the big congomerate in a few months and the nurses have to wear navy blue and white, I'm going to start wearing my Inge jersey to work!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,
Can't say that I'm a real fan of baseball. It's to "slow" for me but if I root for anyone it' s the Red Sox. (Even here in my N.C. neighborhood find Red Sox flags/painted mailboxes,etc). My favorite sports are basketball (Portland Blazers) and hockey (Boston Bruins). If I have to watch football I would root for the Patroits.
Agree with Lee1313. Let's all stay friends and "play nice" with each other no matter who we root for or the sport we love!
westies

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi everyone, San Diego is a good team this year but I am an ANGEL'S fan. Like basketball, I notice alot of wrong calls and there are times it could make the difference of the game as to who wins. I agree, NO FIGHTING cuz we aren't the players nor the coaches....off payroll. My real love is basketball but I like baseball next. Basketball has so much cheating that I really get UPSET and cuss out the officiating every game....no matter who are playing. The refs should have to play a game to see how horrible they call or don't call plays and fouls. It's to the point where I want to do something but don't know where nor how. Any knowledge out there?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well, I live in Brewer's Country, so yes, I am somehwhat of a fan, but baseball is too much itching and scratching parts I don't need to see on natl T.V. I like basketball better, more action all the time!! Watchin baseball is like watching paint dry, it is more interesting to go and watch people at the game!! Ha-Ha!!

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes it would be nice to go to a game for sure. But I can't afford a Yankee Game. Parking is $40 tickets are almost $100 and forget a hot dog.
So I watch on TV and yell as if I were there in the stands.

We have game 3 between Yanks and Sox today, tied 1 game each.
Linda

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hi, I have gone to two Padres games ( years ago ) and was given the tickets from my husbands boss, seats in the nose bleed section. It was a complete dud those years. The score was like 1 to 0 and nothing happened, except a couple drunks fought. Was a total let down for me. If I could go to a real good game my son would not go...I yell and encourage and embarrass him. Like," You can do it, I have seen you. Whack that sucker over the fence!" I nearly knock the dining table over when at home and watch.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm orig from LI/NY now living in western KY. I'm a Yankee fan and a Ranger fan. When we lived in NY our household was split between Yankees/Mets & Ranger/Islanders. LOL I encouraged independent thinking! We're too far away to drive to St. Louis or Chicago to see a live game. However, the knitting store I go to in Paducah, KY (across the river from Metropolis, IL)goes to Marion, IL to see the Southern Illinois Miners baseball team play. We have a Sit & Stitch night. It's great fun. $5 to park and $8 for tickets. If you go with a group like we do from the store the ticket is $7. The games are exciting, the park is fairly new, it's clean, family oriented and FUN! Last year there were 31 of us that went. Some with family members. I can't wait for the season to start in May. Root, root, root for the home team! PS love basketball & ice hockey too.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I forgot to add that it's handicaped accessible. I have a brother that lives with us now that is wheelchair bound and DH, DS, & I took him to a game in August. He was so happy. Just the look on his face, the excitement, it was all worth it. We drove up, went to Cracker Barrel for dinner, then went to the stadium. So, if you know anyone that wants to see a live game, have fun and a good time, try a local "home" team! It's still affordable too.

·
Registered
21,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, when I go home this summer to visit dear friends in Bayport, we are going to go to a LI DUCK game. I can't wait.

And we can buy a hot dog and soda!!

Glad summer is coming.
Linda

·
Registered
79 Posts
We love our Atlanta Braves. We are armchair fans, not stadium fans. We enjoy getting every Braves game on satellite TV and get really bent out of shape when the game is blocked in our area.
Mostly we just love watching a good baseball game. I knit and watch and wake the guy up when he sleeps through a good double play :)

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
LEE1313 said:
Hey,
Who is wearing their fav team shirt, hat or jacket today??

I am die hard Yankee, hold the boo's please. I do wear a Dodger jacket, in honor of Joe Torre. Love that man!!!!

I live in Red Sox country, scary here.

And what about Manny being Manny? Part of me feels badly for him. He is not the only one. When are these guys going to stop taking "vitamins"??

Let's see what teams are represented here,

And remember no matter who we root for... we do not get any of the money. So let's stay friends all season long.

Linda
Linda, I am a White Sox fan, from Indiana -near Chicago. Last summer someone came up with a "Stitch and Pitch" knitting-crocheting promo for major league games. I didn't take part but have knit at a few games! I believe the promo was through the Knitting Guild - We usually go once a year. but it is pricey - sounds like not as bad as NY! I think you can see better on TV, but there is nothing like the excitement of a real game. :-D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tampa Bay Rays fan here! Sure to be in the minority! I must admit that this yuear I don't even know half the players names. Ownership chose to get rid of most of our "fan favorites". I must admit I even find myself cheering for Carl Crawford and the Red Sox this year. Never thought it would happen! Love the game but am an armchair fan now due to health issues. The game's still great but sure do miss the hotdogs and popcorn! grammie jh

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom