Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
((((((((((( Ask her if she's making two needle socks or in the round then surf for:

easy sock pattern two needles

easy sock pattern in the round

You'll find tons of hit.......
~~~~~~~~~~
Judy M said:
A lady contacted me looking for a basic sock pattern. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Lion brand yarn has a nice pattern for that weight - even tho' the magic stripe yarn is discontinued. It was one, if not the first , that I made. They have over 3,000 free patterns on their site. http://www.lionbrand.com they also do a good newsletter and catalog. And they are starting to get into more than just acrylics.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There are several basic sock patterns out there, in stores like Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics and of course your local yarn shop and sometimes they come free with purchase of the necessary yarn. I know that Plymouth puts out a basic sock pattern free with purchase of their yarn. Also check the labels on the sock yarn sometimes there is a pattern on the back of the label.
Have fun and hope this helps.
Joyce aka sockteacher

·
Registered
519 Posts
Palenque1978 said:
I am looking for a easy knit pattern for socks, have been told that toe up socks are the best to start with. The patterns I see start with the cuff. I can use dpn, or I can go buy a very small circular needle. Have not have a lot of luck so far with Magic Loop, Think I have to master one thing at a time. Any and all help appreciated
Chags

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom