Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((((((( Hand knit, machined, loomed, crocheted.........?

I pop a search for:

Bathing suit cover up pattern or:

Swim suit cover up pattern

.........first adding your craft form.

You might check links here on forum, too.

Hope this helps & HAND!
~~~
gleem said:
I'm looking for a pattern for a cover up for my 12 year old granddaughter. Summer is around the corner and she's not comfortable just walking around in her bathing suit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knit and crochet and not an expert knitter but not a newbie at it by a long shot. I've checked out lionbrand-ravelry-patons- and knit it now. Just can't seem to find anything I think she'd like. But thanks for the reply. Was hoping someone had a pattern a teen would like. Or an idea of what I can make.

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
i did one for a friend's daughter at 15 and she liked it.. as did her friends... it was a simple triangle shawl, started with 3 sts and then inc 1 at the beg of EVERY row....when it is long enough to cover from waist to mid thigh on the 'short' side... bind off (it has a short side because you are tying at the waist so the knot is over one leg or hip...sideways... (i used 6 inch fringe just to add a little length... THEN make a simple t-shirt in the same yarn and stop about 2 inches below the bust, covers them up but a cute little midriff peek, too....

2 pcs, so wear one, the other, both or use the triangle around your shoulders.... i used a black 3ply and dropped a popcorn st in bright colors wherever i felt like it (1 skein or scrap of variegated yarn is great for this... all the colors are there for you)... cover up goes with anything ...

this can be easily adapted for others with longer t-shirt, higher neck (i did a high scoop)... longer shawl, her aunt wanted one with a couple of changes and it was nice, too...hers was dramatic in length....fringe went to her ankles just so she had a longer, dressier shawl when used over her shoulders...

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
I've made several cover-ups by modifying other patterns for halter tops, camisoles, and even nighties. I just added as many rows to the bottom as needed to cover the bottoms. Just search using "knitted halter top" etc. as your search in any of the free pattern websites and you'll find something I'm sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom