Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I collected my entries from the county fair. I entered 22 items (7 knitted, one spinning, one recycled, three floral, the rest paper crafting) and won blue ribbons on all twenty two! Last year about half my entries earned red ribbons. The fair uses the Danish system for judging, so your work is not judged against the work of others but on the quality of your own workmanship. In knitting for example; good tension, no dropped or twisted stitches, remaining in pattern, wrong side of garment is tidy with ends woven in, among other criteria. Lately, I've been concentrating on charity and fund raising projects, so limited my time for making entries. As a result my entries were simply made. Since special awards are generally given to the more spectacular entries (as they should be) that will be next year's challenge, knit something fancy enough to be in the running for a special award (best of show, people's choice, commissioner's award).

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
KateLyn11 said:
Yesterday I collected my entries from the county fair. I entered 22 items (7 knitted, one spinning, one recycled, three floral, the rest paper crafting) and won blue ribbons on all twenty two! Last year about half my entries earned red ribbons. The fair uses the Danish system for judging, so your work is not judged against the work of others but on the quality of your own workmanship. In knitting for example; good tension, no dropped or twisted stitches, remaining in pattern, wrong side of garment is tidy with ends woven in, among other criteria. Lately, I've been concentrating on charity and fund raising projects, so limited my time for making entries. As a result my entries were simply made. Since special awards are generally given to the more spectacular entries (as they should be) that will be next year's challenge, knit something fancy enough to be in the running for a special award (best of show, people's choice, commissioner's award).
Good for you and congratulations. It is wonderful to have the quality of your work recognized for what it is!!!!

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chubs, I already have! Entries went in Wednesday evening, by yesterday I had completed a kitchen set and a child's hat. I worked the fair Wednesday through Sunday, so have had limited knitting time but by starting early I hope to have time to knit some more complicated patterns.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom