Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeannietta posted this on KP: http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-418541-1.html She was so enthusiastic that I decided to give it a try, even though I have never been inspired by beads. I used a button for the main "jewel", and gathered enough beads from my small collection to work in blues and greens. The backing is velveteen. I felt more at home using a hoop, although this was not in the directions. Two things gave me fits: I used a nylon transparent sewing machine thread which was very trying to work with - always twisting and getting caught, plus difficult to thread on the fine needles. Second, our cat Hummer, who rarely comes around, showed up every night right in front of me, insisting on "helping". In spite of Hummer this project went together very quickly (about 4 nights of Netflix) and it was fun! I'm planning to incorporate buttons on the next one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yarnbomb said:
Love the blue/green combo! Is it heavy??
It is not at all heavy. Actually it is soft and supple. There's only a cardstock backing, with a soft thin leather (or whatever one has on hand) over that. This provides just enough support. I really like the method of gluing the card stock to the back, gluing on the pin hardware, and then adding the outside backing over the pin after cutting slits for the pin ends to come through. (I could have done a better job of doing this. Learning curve!) This method eliminates hand stitching or glue showing, which has bothered me with a few other pin projects. After having the fun of making a pin it was tedious to sew on the pin backing. Problem solved!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom