Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had such a lovely happy day. Holbrook is a great pattern. Beautifully written, so it took just 8 days to knit, though it was my only project for those 8 days as I wanted to wear it for my son's wedding to the lovely Emma.
Yarn used -Natural Dye Studio Precious, lace weight; colour- moss
Needles - 3mm.
Did 3 extra body repeats and added silver lined gold beads (size 6)on the border - at the beginning of rows 2,6 and 10, and on the purl stitch above the double decrease on row 10. Hope you don't mind me adding to your lovely design, Dee.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Woooooow!.....
It's stunning!

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Oh MY. I have no word to describe how beautiful you work is. The pattern is perfect of course but your use and skills just added more perfection to it. Beautiful Bride too. Congratulations on this shawl and the happy couple.

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
linda09 said:
We had such a lovely happy day. Holbrook is a great pattern. Beautifully written, so it took just 8 days to knit, though it was my only project for those 8 days as I wanted to wear it for my son's wedding to the lovely Emma.
Yarn used -Natural Dye Studio Precious, lace weight; colour- moss
Needles - 3mm.
Did 3 extra body repeats and added silver lined gold beads (size 6)on the border - at the beginning of rows 2,6 and 10, and on the purl stitch above the double decrease on row 10. Hope you don't mind me adding to your lovely design, Dee.
Amazing, you did such a beautiful work and the bride looks so stunning!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
such beautiful work! I am also doing the Holbrook to wear to my son's wedding but not going near as fast as you did. Good thing the wedding is not until December. I love the shawl you made for the bride. Debi

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom