Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am knitting a pattern from Knit N Style 2007 and the last 4 rows of the beaded section calls for beading 9 and knit 2 across 2 rows then bead 10 and knit 2 across 2 rows. However I notice that the weight of the beads is quite heavy and the beads are sliding between stitches. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I have made a few items with beads, but not really into it. Beads do make your project much heavier. The 1st project I made I just picked out some nice looking beads instead of the beads suggested in the pattern because I was very limited on price. When I had more money and could make it again using the suggested beads the project looked much different than the 1st one. The heavier the bead the more it will weigh you items and change the way that it looks. Depending on what type of yarn you are using will also make a difference. My last beaded project I knitted a twist into the stitches on either side of the bead. This pulled the yarn tighter and didn't allow the weight of the bead to pull the yarn from the stitch which reduced the sliding of the bead. I would like to get more into knitting and crocheting with beads when I have more time to experiment with it. Right now I have too many requested projects that need to be done before all my snowbird friends start heading north again in March.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom