Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Diversional therapist in an Aged Care facility. We have a group of residents that meet together every week to knit for selling or donating to the Salvos.
I'm looking for an easy pattern for children and adult bed socks.
Helen

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
While looking for an easy knitting worsted sock pattern I found Easy Peasy socks. I made a pair in no time and will use them for bed socks. The pattern is several pages long with many explanations for beginners but I shortened the pattern to the basic details. A pair could be made with one 100 gram ball of yarn. If anyone wants the shortened pattern, PM me.

Carol J.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
http://www.knittingparadise.com/t-23863-1.html

Here is a link to a really easy pair of knitted bedsocks. They are adult size but could easily be tailored to fit a child. I made some for my 89 year old Mum. She loves them as they don't slip off while in bed. Good luck with your group of knitters.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Welcome Helen from Iowa. If you do a search for free patterns, you will come up with all kinds of them. It is nice that they are getting together to knit. I only remember one lady in the facility where I worked that knitted. It kept her sharp.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Arstriker said:
I made my MIL basic tube socks with worsted weight baby soft yarn. She loves them for around the house.
My first pair of socks were knitted with worsted wool and I love them for bed and around the house!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom