1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in order of pictures:

1. Angles and Curves
2. Blue trianges
3. Celtic Cross, Alpha/ Omega ( no it is NOT the Star trek symbol!)
4. Double sided

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh WOW! You are a dedicated knitter!

Now - is the blue triangles just a much bigger version of the hexagons? I really like the looks of that one. Such a soothing afghan with all those blues - very pretty.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all, knitting keeps me from going off on the family! I like it, calms me down, it's fun! As you can tell I like big projects. I sew the blocks or strips together, usually with yarn. the blue triangles I tried something different. I used a clear quilting thread that is a fine monofilament. It did okay, but I don't think I will use it for that purpose again. The triangles are done similar to the hexagons. I think I had to adjust it for my machine. I did that one in strips, sewed the strips together. The other two were done in blocks. Then put the blocks together. Nine for each. The patterns are really simple, just the way they are put together looks complicated, but they are not, I am glad you like them. Maybe they will inspire something! Who knows. Thanks again. me

·
Registered
781 Posts
Hi, Beetytwird, I love your afghans, and note that you refer to your "machine." Are these done on a knitting machine? If so, could you post a picture of that machine, or a description of it? I once knew a lady who did such a lot of knitting on a Studio knitting machine. I've always wanted to invest in a knitting machine, especially the famous and expensive sock knitting machine. Never had the spare $s.

Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I did these on a machine, I used my Passap Vario and Bond Elite, (double sided one, separate picture)I don't have the Bond set up right now. The Passap is just a simple single bed machine. I can change the guage on it by changing the combs. We bought this one second hand from a sewing store.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
all of these are original patterns from my pea brain! The Angles and Curves was published in Machine Knitters Source magazine. I do have the pattern for the double sided one written down, somewhere..............finding it may take a while. I have done others but have given them away to family, friends. I like playing with colors, can you tell?! (giggle) Thank you for the compliments, glad you like them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom