Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm working on this pattern now and have one more row and the bind off. I've dubbed it the shawl from hell for a couple of reasons but none about how the pattern is written. It's pretty easy. I used a worsted weight yarn which makes it heavier and bigger. The rows increase as you go. Row 79 is 877 stitches but start decreasing after that. I am glad I tried it and am excited to get it finished today!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd love to see a picture of your finished shawl. I have not tried this pattern yet it looked pretty easy but the thought of rows with hundreds of stitches is making me re-think it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Don't be scared off RBurk! I'm working on the bind off right now. As soon as I finish that and block it, I will add a photo.
The large number of stitches might not have been so bad if I had used lace weight yarn as she suggests. The worsted does add quite a bit of weight and I've had to ice my wrists in between rows so I could continue. But I am glad I did at least one.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have it finished and half the blocking done (I steam block so it's much quicker) but I need to walk away from it for tonight. The bind off took about 5 hours. Photo's will be coming!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To add photos you use the options BELOW the box that you use to type in your reply. Under the "SEND" and "PREVIEW' buttons below the text entry box there is a heading "file/picture attachments."
You can select up to 3 files to add to your text by selecting "choose file" then browsing to the picture you have saved on your computer and selecting it. it will be uploaded to the forum and will display with your text.

Anxious to see those pictures.

Ruth

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here it is! They are probably dark, sorry bout that. Lost the hard drive in the computer that has the photoshop in it.

This was done with worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles. Top measurement is 60 inches, bottom edge is 190 inches and depth is 18.5 inches. It's huge! My fault though.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ssho said:
Here it is! They are probably dark, sorry bout that. Lost the hard drive in the computer that has the photoshop in it.

This was done with worsted weight yarn and size 6 needles. Top measurement is 60 inches, bottom edge is 190 inches and depth is 18.5 inches. It's huge! My fault though.
Thank you for the photos.

Congratulations!

Your shawl is stunning. What fine work! It does not appear to be too heavy for a warm shawl and it drapes beautifully. I really like the color the solid color makes your design stand out.

This is definitely on my to-do list. When I looked at the photo of the shawl I thought it was done using short rows. After I read your first post about the hundreds of stitches on your needles I read the pattern and was surprised to see how it was actually knit. I tend to prefer projects that move along quickly. You are probably thrilled that it is finally done.

Great Job

Ruth

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom