·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very nice. I knit a lot of shawls and capes, but always end up giving them away to my chemo buddies. I knit prayer shawls too. Does anyone know a site where they have free patterns for prayer shawls? I am a chemo angel and like to make them for my patients.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I love to knit shawls and this one is beautiful. What kind of yarn did you use (no need to name a brand if it is not allowed), more interested in weight, fiber, etc.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I'm working on the Feather & Fan shawl. I think it will take me about 70 hours. I decided to use regular worsted rather than bulky. I am using size 9 needles. Since I don't know how to crochet I added 3 K stitches for the first and last 3 stitches (from the pattern that was on the forum). I also increased the pattern by 18 stitches so there are 5 "panels". I am using Caron "lace" color - kind of a beige. Can't wait to finish it. I'm about 1/3 of the way done. I'm working on 2 other scarves. Does anyone only have 1 project going? :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have done some beautiful work. You should be proud of yourself, as obviously your family is. I like the doggie sweater. I am now thinking of knitting a cocoon type sweater for our dog Ava, a weimeraner. We live in the mountains and she runs in the woods. I am thinking of doing a felted sweater so that it doesn't get caught in the twigs and branches. Have you ever tried to felt? If so do you think it would hold up in the woods?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom