Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished Beret for my darling daughter. She lives in Chicago and hinted she loves them because they are perfect hats to wear indoors since they are elegant, or outdoors to stay warm (wihtout squishing your hair!).

Pattern is in this awsome book titled: "more LAST-MINUTE KNITTED GIFTS" by Joelle Hoverson. Pattern introduces the simple projecct with almost her same sentiment.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
"She wore a Raspberry beret....." Great hat and, being an X Chicagoan, I agree with your daughter's logic. I did berets for the girls last year and they were a big hit. Just realized I've nver done one for me. Guess I'll have to rectify that. Your knitting looks great and the yarn is beautiful. Valentines Day will be a great day to recieve that as there will still be lots of winter left....

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lwilds said:
I have that book and can't find the hat. What page is it on. They have about 5 different hats on one page but I can't seem to find the one you did! AND it is just beautiful!
Page 73 It's a pretty simple pattern to follow. Had it done in +/- 4 hrs.

Happy knitting.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lwilds said:
I have that book and can't find the hat. What page is it on. They have about 5 different hats on one page but I can't seem to find the one you did! AND it is just beautiful!
Page 73 . I used Ranco solid ARAUCANIA hand dyed yarn (75% wool/25% polyamide).

I am now working on a scarf w/same yarn. For those of you who have the book, see the scarf on pg. 84 "very pretty lace scarf". Super simple pattern.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom