Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought 3 skeins of this yarn. The first one I made a hat no problems. The 2nd and 3rd skein are a different color called Ninja. I tried tying a knot and it broke 5 or 6 times on both skeins. Waiting to hear from Bernat. I got an automated message that they have forwarded my problem to their yarn dept. Will keep everyone posted. I was curious if anyone else has this yarn and has had any problems with it. I am afraid to wash the hats that I have made. Working on a scarf now.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,083 Posts
You are correct. You cannot tie a knot with this yarn. I found that I loved the yarn so much that I worked around that issue. The hat in my avatar is made using that yarn and everyone seems to like it.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for contacting our company about our Bernat Mosaic yarn. We take pride in the quality of our product, so it is very important that we hear about any issues that our customers are experiencing. We are sorry that it has taken so long to get back to you and we are sorry for what happened to you.

Please be assured that we take every possible precaution to avoid such problems as bad twisted yarn. Unfortunately, despite our strict Quality Control Procedure, much of the inspection process involves human interaction and occasionally faults are not always detected.

We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you have experienced, and appreciate your comments. We are more than happy to send you complimentary yarn so that you can have a better experience with our yarn. We will forward your information to our Quality Assurance Department and you will receive a parcel in about two weeks, UPS.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and thank you for using our products.

Best regards,

I am very happy I complained, I think this is great customer service.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I made a potato chip scarf for my sister. I didn't find it to be very soft. She has washed it a few times and said it has softened up but I don't think I would use it again. I don't remember having any problems like you did though. Glad to hear bernat answered you back

·
Registered
23,691 Posts
jinx said:
You are correct. You cannot tie a knot with this yarn. I found that I loved the yarn so much that I worked around that issue. The hat in my avatar is made using that yarn and everyone seems to like it.
did it make the design in your hat?? I thought this was done in color work.. fair isle or intersia.... I 'm sure I butchered the spelling of the last word.. :) I have admired your hat for a long time... it was my goal this year to do some color work but I got so addicted to lace I have done nothing else :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
I made a shawl with this yarn, think it was the Waterfall colorway, with no issues.

I then reused that yarn (which had been put through the washer & dryer) plus several more new skeins in different colorways to make a art project.

I liked working with this yarn, but did not have to make any knots and I did not use the Ninja colorway.

The art project was for a outdoor display. (Knit the Bridge). It has been up for 3 weeks so far and survived a couple bad rain storms. The piece had been put in the washer and dryer before being installed on the bridge.
So in my experience this yarn holds up very well.
Maybe you just got a bad batch. It was good you wrote to the company, hope the rectify the issue.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
I do not like Bernat mosaic and usually I love Bernat yarns. I bought 5 skeins on clearance and it was full of knots, and the thickness varied from say a fingering weight to worsted weight. I put it down on the recycling shelf in our condo and it gone very quickly. Lots of people in the building knit, so luckily the yarn didn't go to waste. :-D :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucky me. I got 2 skeins of the yarn that I had a problem with. Bernat sent me 2 replacement skeins for the ones that I kept having problems that I couldn't knot it without the yarn breaking. I am going to wash what I made b/c I agree it is not a very soft yarn. Happy with the way it changes colors, now I hope the person I made it for likes the colors too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom