Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BEST HOMEMADE ITALIAN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
This Homemade Italian Spaghetti Sauce is from a secret family recipe!
Food Tableware Ingredient Al dente Recipe
Prep time 10 min ~ Cook time 4 hours ~ Total time 4 hours 10 min ~ 12 servings
Ingredients: 1 lb lean ground beef ~ 1 lb maple flavored breakfast sausage ~ 2 x 29 oz cans of tomato sauce ~ 2 x 6 oz cans of tomato paste, prefer the basil, garlic, and oregano flavored ~ 1 medium onion diced ~ 3 cloves garlic minced ~ 1 tablespoon basil ~ 1 tablespoon cilantro ~ 1 tablespoon garlic powder ~ 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning ~ 1 tablespoon oregano ~ 1 teaspoon sugar
Instructions: Brown meat and sausage and add diced onions until meat is browned and onions are clear. Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, and all seasonings/spices in a large saucepan on the stove. Start the heat on medium until it bubbles and reduce heat to low/medium low. Keep covered, except when stirring. About every 30 minutes, I remove the lid and stir, to prevent burning/sticking to my sauce pot. I usually let it simmer on low for about 4 hours. When the sauce is ready, I start boiling my water to make the PLUS Angel Hair Pasta. While waiting for the water to boil, I butter some Italian Bread, and sprinkle garlic salt on top. I bake it in the oven while the pasta is boiling, so they're ready to serve at the same time. When I plate the spaghetti, I add some freshly grated Parmesan Cheese on top, then serve!
Nutrition Information: Serving Size 1 of 12 ~ Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280, Total Fat: 15g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Trans Fat: 0g, Unsaturated Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 66mg, Sodium: 1060mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 21g

Reactions: Country Bumpkins
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top Bottom