Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Walmart has reasonable prices for their Redheart Sashay ruffle yarn. I believe I paid $4.67 a skein. Ice Yarns, if you want to pay shipping. I haven't ordered from them, but other KPers have said their prices are reasonable even with shipping charges. Good luck!!!! ;0)

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sandiego said:
Walmart has reasonable prices for their Redheart Sashay ruffle yarn. I believe I paid $4.67 a skein. Ice Yarns, if you want to pay shipping. I haven't ordered from them, but other KPers have said their prices are reasonable even with shipping charges. Good luck!!!! ;0)
Thank you for your reply. I have used Sashay before and it was fine. It is just a matter of finding the right colors. I ordered online as there is no Walmart, Michaels, etc. convenient for me to get to.

·
Registered
9,081 Posts
Joy Marshall said:
Sandiego said:
Thank you for your reply. I have used Sashay before and it was fine. It is just a matter of finding the right colors. I ordered online as there is no Walmart, Michaels, etc. convenient for me to get to.
Oh, I am so sorry!! I didn't look to see where you lived. Good luck in your search. Everyone is soooo helpful here on KP. I am sure someone will know of a good place to get the ruffle yarn. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sandiego said:
Joy Marshall said:
Sandiego said:
Oh, I am so sorry!! I didn't look to see where you lived. Good luck in your search. Everyone is soooo helpful here on KP. I am sure someone will know of a good place to get the ruffle yarn. Good luck!!!
I have had very good luck ordering other kinds of yarn on line. I am particularly fond of elann.com but, as I said, they haven't the colors I am looking for in their ruffled yarn.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I just received an order from Ice Yarn. I really like their Salsa yarn, it makes pretty ruffles. They have a lot of colors and color combinations in this yarn. I also received some of their Flamenco. The ruffles are longer and I don't like the look of it as well. The cost is reasonable even paying $1.25 per ball of yarn for shipping. At least that is what my order came to as I ordered 40 skeins total.

·
Registered
11,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
m.r.b. said:
I just received an order from Ice Yarn. I really like their Salsa yarn, it makes pretty ruffles. They have a lot of colors and color combinations in this yarn. I also received some of their Flamenco. The ruffles are longer and I don't like the look of it as well. The cost is reasonable even paying $1.25 per ball of yarn for shipping. At least that is what my order came to as I ordered 40 skeins total.
I had a look at that site. Don't you have to buy a lot of the same shade? I found the site a bit confusing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Yes, you do have to order a minimum of four in the ruffle yarn colors. Some of the other yarns the minimum is eight. But I sell these scarves, so I have no problem with getting four. There is another sight that carries ice yarns and there is no minimum. I think they charge more for the yarn. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the other place as I've never ordered from them. Someone else might remember the name, hopefully!

·
Registered
48,298 Posts
Site with higher prices and no minimum is probably reseller. I'd rather have extra yarn than pay more for less.

m.r.b. said:
Yes, you do have to order a minimum of four in the ruffle yarn colors. Some of the other yarns the minimum is eight. But I sell these scarves, so I have no problem with getting four. There is another sight that carries ice yarns and there is no minimum. I think they charge more for the yarn. I'm sorry but I can't remember the name of the other place as I've never ordered from them. Someone else might remember the name, hopefully!

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I've used Ice Yarns too and even with the shipping costs, it's a better price than my local yarn shops. If you only want a few balls, maybe local is better.
Ice yarns sell ruffle yarns in packs of 4 (all one colour).
I'm knitting some at the moment, and I ordered 3 packs of 4, in the black/white/grey, purple/lilac/white, and some in brown shades. Hope this helps

·
Registered
567 Posts
Joy Marshall said:
Does anyone know what company has the best prices on ruffle yarn?
You can get a great selection of types and colors of scarf yarns from...

http://www.beadadyxyarn.com

They specialize in scarf yarns, have good prices and have recently started shipping to Canada. Since shipping from the US to Canada is a bit costly, it is best to order at least 4 single skeins, or you can order from their wholesale site for even better pricing, but you need to order in packages of 4 of the same type and color.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom