Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had more or less finished my cardigan and had to sow the sleeves in (my favourite job) it was all blocked out and ready to go - they are raglan sleeves, I normally do fitted in sleeves, but I was in a hurry too and wanted to finish it - Well there you go one sleeve in one to do - absolutely perfectly sewn was "well pleased" and feeling very proud of myself - then I looked at it and thought Somethings wrong :evil: there was my sleeve sticking out like a nazi salute - I had put the top where the armholes were instead of the neck !!!! can you believe it :oops: :oops: had to do it all over again :thumbdown: that will teach me to get too cocky :D :cry:

·
Banned
23,386 Posts
Does almost count? :wink:

Many moons ago I had mine pinned in place that way as well.
It was only when I lifted it to get an overall look...when I discovered it.
Taught me to not watch my absolute favorite show(s) on tv while doing my crafts.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I sewed the sleeves inside out on the shirt my husband wore to our DD's wedding. They needed to be shortened and I didn't want to mess up the cuffs so I cut off some at the top instead. I was in a hurry and didn't even notice when I ironed the shirt. In the morning, he put on the shirt and told me about it but there was no time to fix it. He said he would just keep his suitcoat on. If anyone noticed, they didn't say anything. :oops: :p

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think it's only inevitable with all the items we make that a mistake is made now and then. I, too, have sewn sleeves on wrong and since it is also "my favorite thing" to do, I had to take them off and sewn them back on correctly. Such frustration!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I always knit both sleeves and both fronts of a cardigan at the same time. I had a beast of a pattern to finish and after putting it off for ages, gritted my teeth and got down to it. Only to find that I had knitted two left sides to the cardi :oops: Luckily only had to unpick to the first armhole decrease.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Janafay said:
I think it's only inevitable with all the items we make that a mistake is made now and then. I, too, have sewn sleeves on wrong and since it is also "my favorite thing" to do, I had to take them off and sewn them back on correctly. Such frustration!!
I more than once have made a "delightful" skirt when in fact the pattern is for pants! I feel so silly when that happens!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom