Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
She got an Oscar nomination for that. The musical score won the Oscar that year. I just was listening to someone talking about that movie and happened to see, literally, the last two minutes of it one night last week. Glad you enjoyed it!

·
Registered
31,678 Posts
I don't remember seeing that movie. We watch a lot of the old ones on the Turner Classic Movie channel. I love seeing some of those classic movies. Since it has been so long since I have seen them, it is almost like watching them for the first time.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I love Bette Davis! And I adore old movies too. Especially the old musicals...Judy Garland...Doris Day...both my favorites!!! I couldn't live without Turner Classic Movies lol. I remember sitting up late watching them with my mom...it always made me feel so special that she would let me stay up and watch with her!!! I was the oldest of four my siblings were rarely allowed because they got bored and wouldn't watch them. That, and knitting, crocheting, sewing and many other crafts has kept us very close to this day even though she lives in Florida and I live in Kansas! She's still my best bud!!!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I love Bette Davis! And I adore old movies too. Especially the old musicals...Judy Garland...Doris Day...both my favorites!!! I couldn't live without Turner Classic Movies lol. I remember sitting up late watching them with my mom...it always made me feel so special that she would let me stay up and watch with her!!! I was the oldest of four my siblings were rarely allowed because they got bored and wouldn't watch them. That, and knitting, crocheting, sewing and many other crafts has kept us very close to this day even though she lives in Florida and I live in Kansas! She's still my best bud!!!

·
Registered
17,788 Posts

·
Registered
9,321 Posts
Now Voyager, one of the all-time great tear jerkers. They were great in this movie. A real classic. We love the black and white films by some of the masters, Fellini, Hitchcock, James Wong Howe, ingmar Bergman, etc. Bette was one of the greats.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom