Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Welcome....sorry I can't help you with the pattern, but sure would love to see what you do when you find one : )

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
(((((( Okie, what size are your needles? My 19's are quite large and are the size of a more modern broom. The 35's come next ending with the 50's size which look more like a weapon than a tool! LOL! These are in pairs, also. I found a size 18 pair, also and they're the first I've seen in that size.

Am thinkin' for a boot you'd use double yarn, etc., in that pattern? Size 35 might be too large? Is your set marked with a size? Let me know, please as what you OWN may not match a pattern.

Adapting a pattern is possible and I can help you with that. If you don't know your needle size, I can help you with that, also; Just take a circle measurement around the needle and tell me what it is via a private message.

I just got done making a knit boot slipper set, messed it up and frogged to just crochet them! LOL! I made an error at the back which isn't noticeable, so I left it. @@ The kit comes in the crochet version, too so I picked it up at 40% off and will do those, also (this fall after harvesting our garden). )))))))

I do have SP straight needles from 0-50 and have had fun with them. I also have a BIG NEEDLES hardcover book of patterns = large and the pics are sweet to include booklets and pull-off patterns for big needles.

Have fun by popping a search for your specs:

Big needle knit slipper boot pattern

.....view the draw and there will no doubt be interesting links to draw up.

If Ebay.com. Lionbrand.com or knittingpatterncentral.com don't appear, hit them for possibilities.

Good luck but don't work too hard; If I can further assist you, send me a private message. K? K!

HAND (have a nice day)!!
~~~~~~~~
psychiejock said:
Hi iam a new user in the highlands of scottland and I am most interested in a knitting pattern for slipper boots in huge needles. I have been given for a present. Look like broom handles

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
psychiejock said:
Hi iam a new user in the highlands of scottland and I am most interested in a knitting pattern for slipper boots in huge needles. I have been given for a present. Look like broom handles
You could try the Lion Brand site. They sell those giant size plastic needles and have lots of free patterns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom