Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm knitting a top down poncho & at the bind off the pattern states to bo loosely. But I'm also doing a 2x2 rib there so wouldn't it look better to do it in rib? Or is it just my choice!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I think your choice should do as long as your happy with it... If it's calling for a loose bind off I'd probably go up a needle size or two for a few inches to see which looks best and then undo to redo with the right size needle. just my opinion.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I will do it in rib then as that was my first thought. I didn't think about the ruffling but that would occur I'm sure!

·
Registered
23,299 Posts
klrober said:
I'm knitting a top down poncho & at the bind off the pattern states to bo loosely. But I'm also doing a 2x2 rib there so wouldn't it look better to do it in rib? Or is it just my choice!
I sometimes bo in JSSBO (jeny's surprisingly stretchy bind off) ... sometimes JSSBO done every other stitch to allow it to be a loose bind off.

It is certainly possible to bind off loosely in a 2x2 rib.

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for video's...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom