Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit fair and my projects do come out fine, but I have a terrible time blocking. I have tried the wet towel with the iron, and then the stitches look flat and my project is not what I liked. Please help me. Thanks Donna

· Registered
10,064 Posts
go to youtube and search on 'knit blocking' or 'blocking knits' or 'blocking knitting'.....one of these will give you words and pix to show you the right way to go about it....yarn content is part of the problem....you cannot be tough with synthetics....you can block them but pay close attention to the videos...good luck...good blocking is one of the keys to success in your knitted items' appearance....

· Registered
6,479 Posts
I use a simple short-cut method of blocking on most of my finished baby items:

Simply spray your finished work with a good spray water bottle until moderately "wet", lay flat on a bath towel, then smooth and flatten your knitting with the palms of your hands (without stretching!!!) until you get a finished look. After that, place another towel on top of your work and weight it down with anything that's handy (pillows work well if you're using a bed). Allow to dry completely.

This method isn't a full blocking technique, but does help smooth out ridges caused by uneven tention and helps give that soft, finished shape your completed garments need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom