Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This scarf is knitted with #13 circular needles, sideways, broken rib pattern. The "fringe" is done with #8 needles, which make them more bouncy.

For the boing boings, cast on 20 stitches, first row increase in each stitch (knitting in front and back of each stitch) giving you 40 stitches. Bind off. Very simple - even I can do it! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm a slow learner! The first time I did this scarf, I did it the long ways (as opposed to sideways) with this pattern, and it curled. I love the pattern, but hate the curl. So I did it sideways.

The boing boings - the first time I did them I did them with the same needles as the scarf, and they looked saggy and gross. Tighter is better with smaller needles.

It seems to me that I have to do everything two or three times before I get it in some way that is acceptable, that I would even take a pic of! LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Love thos boing boings Claire. I really like the way the scarf came out and the boing boings are the perfect trim. I've never before seen them but from my reaction and that of others that have responded, I think there are going to be a lot more boing boings around.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Claire--
Love the scarf. I made hats for my grandchildren and used different colored boing-boing curlicues in a variety of lengths attached at the top. (7 or 8 of them) Topped them off with a big pom-pom in the hat color, or sometimes a mixture of the curlicue colors. They were nothing but cute. I'll now make them scarves to match. Hadn't thought about using curlicues as fringe. What a great idea!
Jerre

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am so glad for the reactions to my boing boings. Yes, they are indeed really called curliques and they are NOT my original design. I wish I could tell you the author of the instructions I read - I copied and pasted the instructions on a Word document, and never put the author's name. She deserves the recognition.

Great idea bout putting them on caps. Now all I have to do is figure out how to do an easy cap!! LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have already tried the Boing Boing fringes. They are awesome. The only thing is, I made them with the same size needles I used for the scarf. It is really sophisticated.
Thanks for the tip. I am on another one so I will try to use the smaller needles. I am trying to attach a file with the scarf and i really messed it up. Could someone enlighten me on the subject.
Thanks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom