Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here is what I have. I'm a 27 year survivor and I think they are funny and fun. I know the recipient will think so too.

Mari

reginasue said:
has anyone a knitting pattern for these they were a fad quite a few years ago daughter wants them for a freind who is lacking in that department as a joke for xmas ..

Attachments

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Why are small breasts a joke?

I fail to see what's funny and I'll tell you why, okay? The average American male is 5'10" tall and his shoulder measurement is 17 inches. MY shoulders measure 17 and A HALF inches because starting when I was EIGHT YEARS OLD, I WORKED every day of my life carrying baskets of wet laundry up cellar stairs to hang on clotheslines, and I LIFTED children of all weights off and on bicycles and chairs and up out of bathtubs a bazillion times when I cared for them for their mothers and once I was 12, I lifted heavy trays of food as a waitress. As a result I developed highly MUSCULAR arms which, together with my broad shoulders, DWARFED my C-cups and resulted in an awful lot of unnecessary stupid remarks that in essence were totally UNTRUE and UNNECESSARY.

This is you and your daughter's idea of a MERRY Christmas for a FRIEND? Does either one of you care about what people think of those who do things like this? Are you under the impression that the recipient has NO feelings and will fail to remember? I'll be 80 next year and I REMEMBER every single hateful "joke" I ever heard about my "flat" chest.

I hope both of you realize she may or may NOT have this "friend" as of Decembe 26! PLEASE reconsider!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I am so so sorry you feel this way. I have the opposite problem. I wear a 38GG bra. I have had so many comments on my boobs that my poor brain would overload if I tried to remember them all.
I just don't have the time to bother with it. Some people have a real poor sense of humor. I look at it to wit: I have had no control over the abundance God gave me. So either enjoy the view or not, but shut up about it. A true lady or gent would never make such crude remarks.
God bless you darling. You have had a full life, it sounds like. I hope it was full of love. If it wasn't...come here to me and I'll try to make up for the lack of it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am very sorry to have upset anyone who has any problems with having small breasts my daughters freind is a well balanced lady with a good sense of humour that would take it in the way it was intended as a well mentioned and intended bit of fun sue

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thankyou for your help although i do seem to have upset one lady over this subject it was not intended my daughters freind is always saying and joking about her small breasts and would take the joke as it would be intended just a joke no malice intended sue

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thankyou for your help my daughter was hoping to make them into a cushion with a pair of boobs on or more like getting me to do it as she dosnt realy knit only basic she cant cast on or off but she does do knit and purl tought her when she was small but would like to start again. sue

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sue, glad you found the sites helpful. I think with open forums, it is easy for those reading entries to respond with their own perspective, and to me, it is part of an open forum, you did make it clear this is a running joke with your daughter and her friend. I think it is great you are moving forward with something that inspires her, it's simply the best way to get the younger generation interested in the crash, regardless of the topic....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom