Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,868 Posts
Just in case someone is looking for more alternatives - I have 2.
1. I got another book that I liked...Knitting circles around socks by Antje Gillingham. The book is very detailed on the method, and has several varied sock patterns that I liked. I checked it out from the library first and liked it so much I bought it.
2. This is an old one. If you have 2 sets of DPNs you can easily knit 2 at once. Cast on first and do first step - leg or toe. stop; Cast on second do first step, etc. Going back and forth helps avoid the second sock syndrome. That never afflicted me, but i understand it is common. I did this with a pair of baby socks and it's easy to do. At the time I wasn't sure if I would like circulars and didn't want to buy more. Now I have and am trying to learn 2 at a time and then I want to do the magic loop. I find it's fun to learn new techniques.

· Registered
6,868 Posts
Betty White said:
Also, try Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson. I have made a pair of lace socks from this book and it was very easy to follow. She gives instructions for several types of heel and toes. Also, if you try toe up socks, look on the web for Judy's Magic Cast-on. It makes a really nice toe. After I gave my daughter the socks, we found an almost identical pair in a well known shoe store for $25. Needless to say, she is really proud of her hand knitted lace socks.
That book is on my wish list! I got it from my library and bookmarked so many patterns that i knew i had to buy it. I keep my list handy so when I order a present - I get one for me too! LOL I just signed up for her blog- a first for me! It's very interesting

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom