Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone heard of a book called Mon Picot, my Mum has one and its brilliant with its descriptions of how to knit loads of patterns. Unfortunately it was last printed in 1974 and I'd love to get a copy but don't know where to start. Any ideas out there

·
Registered
19,648 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Name on Ravelry: JessicaJean, no hyphen, no space.
87,439 Posts
Mon Tricot, and I have several in both English and French. There were various versions; I think the latest was 1000 stitches, but I won't bet on it.

That was the book that set me right on purling; love the illustrations of how to place the yarn!

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Jessica-Jean it got even better - I have just found my 1300 stitch version!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I have a couple of the Mon Tricot magazines from the 70's & I wouldn't part with them. I have made many items from one which is a "baby" issue, the entire magazine dedicated to baby items. I still knit from that book today & the patterns look very up-to-date. This reminds me that I should look for other copies & now, the book as well.

·
Registered
743 Posts

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
You guys inspired me to order this book at the $10. price. The order went through just fine, but I have NO IDEA how much postage is going to be!!! Hope it doesn't send me into sticker shock.

I've become a rebel the past couple of years in adding my own stitch versions of basic patterns like hats, scarves, afghans and fingerless gloves. I can see myself having a LOT of fun with this reference.

·
Registered
6,479 Posts
Just called to check my order by phone and was told the response to this post has been so overwhelming that the publication is being back-ordered. Still only takes about a week to ship at this point, though.

Cost is $10.00 S&H-$7.40

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom