Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had two sets of Boye circular knitting needle sets on sale. Regular price around $120.00 and selling for $19.00. I opened up one set and they looked OK to me but no numbers on them. I do not own a set like this. Are they all like this - no numbering on the tips or do you put a label on them yourself? I do have a metal gauge I use to make sure my bamboo straight needles are the correct size if they get thrown in a drawer (who me, did I do that?) I have seen where you ladies are in love with your circular sets. Just curious.

·
Registered
444 Posts
judyr said:
Went to Tuesday Morning yesterday and they had two sets of Boye circular knitting needle sets on sale. Regular price around $120.00 and selling for $19.00. I opened up one set and they looked OK to me but no numbers on them. I do not own a set like this. Are they all like this - no numbering on the tips or do you put a label on them yourself? I do have a metal gauge I use to make sure my bamboo straight needles are the correct size if they get thrown in a drawer (who me, did I do that?) I have seen where you ladies are in love with your circular sets. Just curious.
Wow! I'm going to check my local Tuesday Morning!

·
Registered
444 Posts
judyr said:
Oh, also I forgot to tell you - Tuesday Morning is having a yarn sale starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday September 8.
I'll be there! DH is going to be out of town so this is a big weekend for uninterrupted projects and shopping! I need a bunch of yarn for lapghans for chemo patients. But to answer your original question, I don't own interchangeables and have wanted some but didn't want to put out the $$$ in case they didn't work for me so I'm looking forward to KP answers to your question!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have this set and the needle numbers are embossed in the plastic inside the case, above where the needle tips are stored. If you got the case with the set then you should be able to find them. Not real obvious unless you know where to look.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I have the Boye needles. I love them. Have tried different needles but go back to my Boye needles. No, they don't have the size on them but it is on the case. Grab those needles. I would at such a great price. If you don't like them I'll take them.LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
My bamboo and wood sets have numbers on them. My boye and old Denise do not. I own 3 needle gauges: the flat metal one fits into my boye kit, the plastic one slides into the knit bag, a brass one hangs on a ribbon. I'm jealous you got a terrific deal. I thought the 50% off I paid was great :).

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
don't like boyle bought a set on Friday .took them back on Monday.did not like the cords..and to blunt for me....must be something new to be reg.that expensive $120 mine were only 69. full price..

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Got my Boyd set on e-bay for $13 + shipping a couple years ago.Like them a lot, but the KP er who didn't like the cables-I agree. I didn't realize how bulky they were til I got my Chiagoo laces.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have a few Boye circulars.
While I love the needles. because they're sharp enough but not too sharp, the cables are super stiff.
Doing magic loop is almost impossible. When knitting in the round the cables just get on the way.

I bought some Novas interchangeable, I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the cables:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
marina1109 said:
Flybreit,

That sounds pretty creative. Let us know how that works out.
Sure will - I love my Hiya Hiya bamboo interchangables; just hate to have $$ tied up in the Boye set I won't use.

And their Artisan needles (large sizes, wooden) apparently have delightful flexible cables. Go figure..... :-/

·
Registered
189 Posts
Flybreit said:
And their Artisan needles (large sizes, wooden) apparently have delightful flexible cables. Go figure..... :-/
I don't understand why they can't just use flexible cables on their regular circulars.
Maybe that's how they keep the cost down.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
The Boye interchangeable sets are very old in design and in time; I had some sets from the 70's and I know that they made them before that. Flexibility might not have been so important; maybe folks weren't doing Magic Loop, for example. I love the bend in the cord, and mine (the set I still have) are pointy-enough. For $16, that's a good price.

·
Registered
105 Posts
judyr said:
I have this set, and just hate them. I have found them to disconnect, especially when I've had to connect 2 sections together for a long circular. I switched to Denise brand and like them much better.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I have a Boye set and a few of the pairs are very rough at the join to the cable and I have had to try to smooth them with a file. because of this, I would not get this brand again, but I love the tips and have no problem with the cables.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom