Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well folks I have done it I made my girls skirts. Yes I know you have all heard this before but this time I didn't knit or crochet them. I used the sewing machine I got from a friend and a pattern I brought from Jo Ann's. Light weight flannel and my girls have cute flare circle skirts they looks good if I do say so myself. Next endevour is nightgowns for the girls and PJ pants for the boy for Christmas. wish me luck!! Pics will be posted monday they want to wear their skirts to school.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Let the fun begin! I'm sort of the opposite; used to sew, now knit. Nancy's Notions and Clotilide can be found on the net and are great resources for notions and machine feet (low/high shank, etc). If you have a Half Price Book store your craft section will have 'help/idea' books.

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
knittingpagan said:
well folks I have done it I made my girls skirts. Yes I know you have all heard this before but this time I didn't knit or crochet them. I used the sewing machine I got from a friend and a pattern I brought from Jo Ann's. Light weight flannel and my girls have cute flare circle skirts they looks good if I do say so myself. Next endevour is nightgowns for the girls and PJ pants for the boy for Christmas. wish me luck!! Pics will be posted monday they want to wear their skirts to school.
When my cousins and I (5 of us) were little girls, 55 or so years ago, our grandmother made each of us a circle skirt out of a solid square of felt, then made a cap to match out of the scraps from the corners. Each of us had a different color and we felt so dressed up in them. Our grandmother could make anything. She used to make me nightgowns for Christmas too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom