Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breakfast Carrot Cake ~ Makes 12 muffins
Ready in 30-60 minutes

What if we told you that you could eat cake for breakfast? Sound good?
These carrot muffins are loaded up with nutritious ingredients but they also taste like carrot cake so you feel like you're really indulging (but you're not!)

Ingredients
2 cups flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups peeled and grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
Stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in the carrots, nuts, raisins, coconut, and apple until they are coated in the flour mixture.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until the ingredients are just incorporated. Do not overmix.
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling 2/3rds full.
Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until done.
Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before removing from the muffin tin. Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.

Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These also freeze well.

Attachments

Registered
Well this looks yummy. I saved the recipe along with dozens of others you have posted.

Registered
Made them this morning! Delish!!! Thanks for sharing.

I used carrots from my own garden, apple from an orchard - farm gate sales, from a recent road trip to Creston, BC.

I used Flaked Coconut because it is unsulphured, where the shredded (in the Bulk Barn store I was in) was sulphured.

I used Brown Sugar because I found out I was out of white sugar.

I will make them again for sure.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ellen_purls said:
Made them this morning! Delish!!! Thanks for sharing. I used carrots from my own garden, apple from an orchard - farm gate sales, from a recent road trip to Creston, BC. I used Flaked Coconut because it is unsulphured, where the shredded (in the Bulk Barn store I was in) was sulphured. I used Brown Sugar because I found out I was out of white sugar. I will make them again for sure.....
Thank you for the feedback ... Much appreciated ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom