Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone knitted the Breesay Hap Wrap I am knitting it now and I am stuck on row 57 It saids to k3,(k2tog)5 times,(yfwd, k1) 4 times, yfwd,(sl1,k1,psso)3 times,k1 slip marker onto right needle, Patt to next marker, my question is what does Patt to next marker mean am I suppose to go back and repeat the previous pattern of rows 5-10 if so what a bout row 9 also what will I do before and after the markers? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,574 Posts
It simply means if after you have knitted the instructed stitches you still have more stitches you will repeat the sequence until the row is complete. I assumed you have markers across the row to help keep the pattern correct. Also helps to be able to count stitches.not sure if I have explained this very well perhaps someone else could be clearer. Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,179 Posts
Is this it? http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bressay-hap-shawl

I agree with Mad loch - you continue in the pattern established by the previous stitches (k3,(k2tog)5 times,(yfwd, k1) 4 times, yfwd,(sl1,k1,psso)3 times,k1 slip marker onto right needle) until you get to the next marker. Maybe they felt that there were enough parentheses in there already, that this was a better way to write it rather than what I usually see - parentheses and asterisks. Since that section is a repeating pattern, I'm sure that's what is meant.

·
Premium Member
13,574 Posts
The pattern instructions are :

Place markers 24 sts in from both ends of last row.
Row 57 (RS): K3, (K2tog) 5 times, (yfwd, K1) 4 times, yfwd, (sl 1, K1, psso) 3 times, K1, slip marker onto right needle, patt to next marker, slip marker onto right needle, K1, (K2tog) 3 times, (yfwd, K1) 4 times, yfwd, (sl 1, K1, psso) 5 times, K3. 118
You will pattern the first 24 stitches move marker knit till the end marker and pattern the last 24 stitches.
Then continue as instructed for Row 58
Hope this makes sense.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom