Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looks like you're off to a good start. Each one will get better. Don't forget you can form arm joints with a strong wire wrapped in stuffing materials. Ck Library for Doll making or find copies of Soft Doll for great advice on making armatures.
Try working with Pearl Cotton. You can get a finer finish and a wider choice of color for skin tones. I made an inch tall Hippo for my daughter when she was in collage. I love to crochet with Pearl.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Msj said:
Looks like you're off to a good start. Each one will get better. Don't forget you can form arm joints with a strong wire wrapped in stuffing materials. Ck Library for Doll making or find copies of Soft Doll for great advice on making armatures.
Try working with Pearl Cotton. You can get a finer finish and a wider choice of color for skin tones. I made an inch tall Hippo for my daughter when she was in collage. I love to crochet with Pearl.
The colour in the picture is not true to the doll. The skin is paler than it looks. The doll is 4.5 inches tall. I am going to try knitting next. I am using knitting machine yarn very thin and 2.5 mm crochet hook and will use 2.25 knitting needles.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's such a great idea and so much better than the plastic at my wedding. It should be a blast working it out to your satisfaction. I almost (almost) wish it were me. Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom